Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I'll miss you
Until we meet again!
~Author Unknown
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I'll miss you
Until we meet again!
~Author Unknown
Just had the last gastroenterology appointment with Dr. Valley Dreisbach, who had end her residency at URMC this week. I have had her for almost 2 half years, she was the one who helped me through my insane stomach issues, even enough to diagnose me with IBS, dyspepsia, and much more. However, since the Day one I worked with her I've made a huge improvement with my digestive system, till today she was smiling big because I am 90% better! I still have few episodes of bowel pains, it's part of having IBS but she had found the right medicine to be able to help control the spasms.
Not only just that she's unique is because she is very Deaf Friendly, like I mentioned in this blog Paper & Pen will do! and communicate with me though emails (very well with replying!) Also she always smiles when she see me that helped me stay positive with my issue. For instance, I had to do colonscopy, I was scared to death and emailed her ahead of time to give her a head-up that I was scared and brings some flashbacks. Valley was there 100% from the beginning to end of my procedure, even when I had my endoscopy. I was alone in the room those times, I felt safe and knowing I'll be ok having her on my bedside checking on me.
I felt so blessed to have a positive and supportive doctor like her, how many doctors are like her out there?!
At the appt, it was very nice, we were able to chat a little bit, discussed what going on with my stomach at this moment, and try to figure out who I want to replace her for my next appt. I told her nobody can replace you! She smiled and was touched! We were able to spare a picture together, finally showed her name sign, and end with a good hug. I walked out with watery eyes, because I was happy I had her as my doctor and how wonderful she is.
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. ~Theodor Seuss Geisel
From now on, what I can do is pray for her on her next chapter in Providence, Rhode Island and see her again! <><
Farewell! God knows when we shall meet again. ~William Shakespeare
No comments:
Post a Comment