I have been thinking of ideas to work with the Airline Industry for a long time. It just come and go in my mind, but right now it came back since I have one more year of school left. Still not sure what I want to do for SURE, however, still want to spare some social work into my career. Plus am a frequency flyer and have the traveling bug in me so would like to continue to have the experience!
As for my idea of this career with the Airline Industry, I want to be able to spread the awareness of Deaf and hard of hearing community in to the Airlines business. By be able to attend one of the TSA, pilots, attendant, travel agents, and other airline workers workshops. While am there would like to explain them easier way to handle Deaf or Hard of Hearing passengers without any barriers. The more we Deaf community share and help them how to improve to give Deaf community a better flying experiences.
I personal have a wonderful friend who is a flight attendant that works with United airlines. Whenever we get together we would have a long conversations about her experience with Deaf passengers or any barriers she had, her ideas, or suggestions. It's very helpful to know her side of view, which will help me come up with a idea how to teach others in the airline industry.
Since I am a frequency flyer, which fly about 3-6 times a year since 2006. I have been through so many experiences of my own being a Deaf passenger. It's actually interesting and sometime very frustrated while flying. To be honest with you, I haven't had a really bad experience flying compared to other passengers, I've been through all things you can think of flying, especially for emergency landing that I know of.
One other idea along with this I want to do a research on Deaf and Hard of Hearing passengers on their experience flying with any airlines. I want to collect how often they fly, have any barrier, issues, are they satisfied with the industry, and etc.
I will make a post about my experiences flying and what I have been through and how I handled it. :-)
Pray that God will allow this kind of opportunity opened for me in the future! <><

No comments:
Post a Comment