Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Testimony of Being Laid Off

431513_222605121163463_100002419305273_462170_1656013646_n_large 

It has been over a week since was informed that I had been laid off. Even had to go into work for the last week till Friday the 16th which was my offical last day at the company. There were lot of ups and downs during the week and of course awkward but we all worked together as a team to get through this.

The Lord absolutely worked with me during that time. I decided to take a step back and put all my trust in him. I prayed and prayed to help me to figure out what to do next and want to do it in his way not mine.

Verse that applies to this: Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; ~Proverbs 3:5

I noticed he had gave me guide in many ways. For example, I was looking for job in Rochester, Salt Lake City, and Omaha. While was on indeed.com for Rochester, I didn't feel peace and something was not right, so decided to change location to Omaha. While was looking for job there, I felt more peace and so many more ideas came up. I.e Contacting people I know there that can help me discover a job, places that I know I can look into here. However, I was concerned about schooling while was praying about that Lord had reminded me that University of Omaha has social work program that I could finish up my degree at. From those thoughts, I knew the Lord was helping me to move onto new Chapter with my life!
  
"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye." ~Psalms 32:8

On the other hand, was worried about financial, would I be able to find job on time to afford my rent, gas, and food if unemployment benefit is not enough. The Lord had again reminded me that I have family back home which I can stay for free till I find a job and move on my own. Those things really made me realize the Lord is starting to open things up for me and helping me through.

My God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. ~Philippian 4:19

Honest with you I've never had a interesting testimony what Lord had been doing for me. I was praying and thinking to myself wondering what the possibility why God decide to let this happen. For one reason that tops my head is that I LOVED the job more than HIM. Which was a mistake (sin) and it disappointed God because I just went with my own life and really happy, even grateful for a great job that I really ENJOYED! In the bible it said ....

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." ~Matthew 6:33

... that verse is when it hit me hard that I didn't seek his kingdom first, I seek my own kingdom first. That shows me the bible is telling the truth because it is happening to me right now! 

Right now, I am taking day by day and importantly trust the Lord. Even, he knew who I am before I was born and knows what is the best for me down the road. 

"Wait on the Lord, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land." ~Psalm 37:34

Going through this in the past week and today made me to be more honorable to be Jesus Follower (Born-again/Christian). 

<>< GOD'S GOOD AMEN! 

No comments: